cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dark vertical line / stripe down middle of screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my Samsung model UN55NU7100 (55 Inch) for just over two years and the vertical stripe just appeard. Super disappointed since the tv is still relatively new but out of warranty. Samsung @samsung , or anyone else have you found a solution for this yet?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dark vertical line / stripe down middle of screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is something that will require service and I would be delighted to see what options we have available to you. Please shoot me a private message with the following information:

-First and Last Name
-Email Address
-Physical home Address
-Best phone number
-Alt. phone number 
-Bill of sale
-Place of purchase

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Adding a photo of the problem taken while running the built in picture test for reference. Seems consistent with the hundreds (possibly thousands?) of other posts about this issue.

IMG_4585.JPG

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen on other sources and inputs as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my 65" Un65ks85000 model tv and I've done the screen test and checked all cables and it's still there

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your response. Yes, it happens with any/all input sources. Reattaching the image where it appears during the screen test. @SamsungUS @samsung 

IMG_4585.JPG

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is something that will require service and I would be delighted to see what options we have available to you. Please shoot me a private message with the following information:

-First and Last Name
-Email Address
-Physical home Address
-Best phone number
-Alt. phone number 
-Bill of sale
-Place of purchase

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungAl - sent you a direct message yesterday. Please let me know if you received. Thanks!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This literally occurred out of the blue! Fine the night I turned it off! Next morning line was there.  I have tried everything also!  I have 5 other TVs in my house switching to confirm no issues with any other cables it's the tv ! Help!! Black shadow right side vertical!  Just 2 years old! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears to be a known issue with the Samsung TV. The LCD board fails. Many reports of this on the boards. All of the TV's are out of warranty. Cost of repair (per users) is $1000-$1500.