JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 08:07 AM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

418 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you're seeing this on all sources and inputs and you happen to fail the picture test, service would be the next step.  If you would like to move forward with that process, feel free to send a private message http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usertHK8t4pDBh
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My curved 8500 48" has ridiculous back light bleed on the vertical edges and I want to know where to go from here. The TV was bought new a few years ago and  this is the second Samsung TV  I've owned with being mad unhappy with the quality. When you spend this kind of money I expect a lasting quality product!!!!

0 Likes
user2LPN9WpHDO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So I have a 65 inch 4k samsung tv. The TV is roughly 4 years old. I bought it brand new from best buy on sale for 2199.99 not including tax. I recently found out from an a Google search that this light bleed thing is a pretty common problem for this TV. So I reached out to samsung online and they asked a few questions and requested pictures of what I am experiencing with the TV. They get back to me with an insulting solution! They didn't even offer to fix the TV, but instead offered me $127.80 for a prorated buy back program. Wow really? So if I agreed they would send that amount and I would have to give up my tv. I would have been less insulted if they just asked if they could just have the TV back for free smh. I'm sure it would cost them more than $127.80 to pick up the TV. I was a loyal and avid samsung supporter. I've had 4 samsung tvs, 3 smart watches, 2 high end tablets, several flagship galaxy note phones since the note 2, earbuds and a washer and dryer set. If this is how they value my business and loyalty, then I will no longer push or support their brand. Good bye samsung!

userdk8EH5JtdO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's much worse than this picture demonstratesIt's much worse than this picture demonstrates

I've read dozens of posts/replies with similar/same issue.  I've tried the suggested fix to no avail.  Samsung support on the phone said this was not a known issue and my only recourse was to repair at my own expense.  I get it's out of warranty, but I, like many others, are long time repeat customers.  Has anyone been able to have some level of accomodation from Samsung on this?  I'm not looking for a full refund or replacement as I did get 4 good years from an otherwise excellent product, which I bought directly from Samsung.  I am also concerned that the excessive heat at the sides of the unit could pose a fire hazard. Thank you.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Same issue posted yesterday.  Did you get a resolution?  Seems like the LED's are malfunctioning on the edges.  Not sure the reqair cost. 

userdk8EH5JtdO
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine, apparently, cannot be repaired as the part is not available.  Samsung did offer to buy it back from me.  It wasn't much but it will offset some of the cost of getting a new set.  I think it's about 10% of my original purchase price.  The unit is about 4.5 years old.  It's a shame, too.  Other than this issue, I really loved the TV.  This, however, is ultimately a fatal issue for it.  It gets a little worse every day.

0 Likes
userdwhHgIUTvL
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a js659000 with the same issue, please let me know what can be done.

Thank16043951284081134018586022862660.jpg

0 Likes
userdwhHgIUTvL
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Does anyone from Samsung still read these

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes. If you are experiencing this, please send your full model code and serial number via private message.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes