JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prime Video not working!

(Topic created: 02-09-2019 02:05 PM)
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a Samsung Model UN55MU6300F Smart TV. Lately my Amazon Prime Video app has stopped working.  I either get a perpetual loading symbol followed by an "Insufficient bandwith" message, or if I click a series I've been watching, it does not respond and will not play. I had to update my Amazon password recently, but that made no difference until now. I'm at my wits end and ave to watch it now on my laptop instead. Could it be that my smart TV isn't entering the new password, and if so, how can I update it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Okay, it looks like nobody here has a solution. But I just got another email from Samsung Support with the following suggestion.

"I suggest you to sign out and sign back into the app.

To sign out, select Settings [on Amazon account], from the left menu, and then select Deregister your Device. Close the app, reopen, and then enter your credentials to sign back in."

That worked!  I now have Amazon Prime Videos back and working.

View solution in context

142 Replies
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and is extremely frustrating. I have a $1000 smat TV with the Prime Video app, but it doesn't work and I have to watch Prime Video on my laptop. All the other apps work, just not Prime Video. I've followed all the suggestions, reset the smart hub a couple of times, changed the DNS from automatic to 8.8.8.8, unplugged the TV for30 seconds, made sure it's the latest software update, clicked Reinstall on the app.  Nothing works. We even have an older Samsung smart TV, Model UN50H5203AF, in a location with a weaker WiFi signal and Prime Video works on that one. But it has stopped working on this newer TV.

Solution
Oldyellr
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Okay, it looks like nobody here has a solution. But I just got another email from Samsung Support with the following suggestion.

"I suggest you to sign out and sign back into the app.

To sign out, select Settings [on Amazon account], from the left menu, and then select Deregister your Device. Close the app, reopen, and then enter your credentials to sign back in."

That worked!  I now have Amazon Prime Videos back and working.

user6Vb7xwRH8e
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Your solution worked for me. 3/16/2019

0 Likes
userLdYuuoTgjz
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

tried that - still no love

Samsung_Qp1Oo4Q
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried that too. Didn't work. Watched YouTube videos, fixed it. Unplug TV for 1 minute. then hold down power button for 20 seconds on remote. It will reset cache. This worked for me. 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKFiVBsKNvZ
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I can’t  get to the option to sign out.  When I select the Amazon Prime app I just get a black screen.  I’ve tried everything I can think of.

usergz53qcZAwF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem with my 55" MU6300.
I've seen many other posts where everyone holds the power button down for 20 secs or unplug the TV. It does work but who wants to do this several times a day!! I've not seen a actual fix yet from a Samsung reply. Who are these moderators? Are they Samsung technically trained or what? Rediculous. I can sit and watch customers figure it out for themselves too! That is not help! It's nothing but traffic control!

userW3rXPBexRC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me