JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Plus Not Working

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 05:23 PM)
userxoWT2bYogz
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

When we try to launch Samsung TV Plus we receive the following message: There was a problem while trying to play the Samsung TV Plus channel. Check your network settings or try again later. It has not worked for several days. 

We have unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. We have verified the network connection is good. We have reset the TV back to factory and it still does not work. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usermMnvPpYlPG
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What worked for me was: settings - support - self diagnosis - start smart hub connection test. Hope it works for you too. 

0 Likes
userAEXqoivu7m
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

nope

userJO9E8ndnRC
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Samsung tv plus did not work although the channel guide worked. Solution! Don't turn off the tv and just unplug it for couple minutes. The channels got pictures back on.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Can you try the following: 

Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Self Diagnosis, and select Smart Hub Reset to perform the reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userP6b91GSpHp
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I pressed and held the power button till a couple steps completed then i switched to a tvplus channel as i noticed the progress circle next to tvplus words in upper right corner and the channel came on. So far others work but havent checked every one.

userXdpMI1CKpG
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

After changing the dns code, spending hours on the phone with Samsung support and finally having a 3rd party visit referred by Samsung and spending 4 hours replacing boards, I've come to the conclusion it's the TV plus app, so I'll have spotty service until the problem is resolved in the app and upgraded...   this really shows how within Samsung, one hand has entirely no communication with the other...

userNmNwEiDmcC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm also in the same situation. Tryed everything mentioned here (dns change, smart hub reset, soft turn off, disconnect the cable with tv on, disable ipv6) and still doesn't work!

Now is wait for a while and expect some upgrade in the TV Plus! 🥴

0 Likes
userNmNwEiDmcC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Any suggestions @SamsungTam ? 
my tv model is SGUN50NU7100B.

thanks

0 Likes
userDMdJvooq6m
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm with the others.  I tried: 

Unplugged tv and waited a minute  (both TV on and TV off)

Smart Hub Reset

Smart Hub Diagnostic (TV did not complete)

DNA reset (both manually and automatically)

Power Off (using remote and holding power button)

Disconnected wireless and reconnected (even though Netflix and others are working properly)

Reset wireless router

Checked Software Update (hasn't been an update on awhile)

No success