JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung qn90a (2021)input signal plus not working Hdmi 2.1

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 01:31 AM)
user6acuISfnls
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I bought the Qn90a for the express purpose of getting 4k 120hz HDR from my windows pc which has a 3090 in it. 

The only way to get this setting to show up is by enabling input signal plus on hdmi 4 (which is the 2.1 port) and doing so instantly makes the display disappear from the pcs connected displays list. Disabling input signal plus instantly makes the tv show up again but then limited to 4k 60hz and not full colour ranges. 

Seen people with similar issue on last years top end models and 4k 120hz HDR is supported according to Samsung’s own product listing and reviews from people like Rtings. 

So my question is what fix could there be ? I have all the latest nvidia drivers windows updates and tv firmware installed and using input signal plus is fine on all the 2.0 ports. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user6acuISfnls
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The fix turned out to be the hdmi cable not being able to cope with hdmi 2.1. Everything is now working perfectly after getting a fresh hdmi 2.1 spec cable. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
uservQjCt120ZD
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm surprised you can even get HDR... I can't even get 4k 120Hz SDR to function properly via a 3090 for the Q90T series.

0 Likes
Solution
user6acuISfnls
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The fix turned out to be the hdmi cable not being able to cope with hdmi 2.1. Everything is now working perfectly after getting a fresh hdmi 2.1 spec cable. 

0 Likes
userJEThN1FzGE
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having this same problem with my qn90a and a rtx 3080. I bought an AudioQuest Ocean 48Gbps hdmi cable, and it still doesn't work. After 3 hours on the phone with Samsung they eventually told me that computers aren't supposed to be hooked up to TVs, and I should have bought a gaming monitor.