Original topic:

5G network issue (no 5G anymore)

(Topic created: 06-13-2024 04:00 PM)
Miljan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello!

Recently, my carrier allowed me to use 5G network. However, yesterday I had excellent 5G signal and speed, but today there's no 5G network at all, only 4G/4G+ (LTE/LTE_CA). I call carrier's call centre and they told me that everything is fine on their side, but they will reset SIM card settings just in case. I also spoke with them in person at their headquarters, and a man working there showed me on his Galaxy S23 Ultra that he has 5G network and speed was about 1 Gbps. I didn't change anything on my phone, 5G just mysteriously vanished. Has anyone had the same or a similar problem and have you managed to fix it? 

I'm attaching screenshots from yesterday and today.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy A54 5G 

Best regards, everyone!

1000047958.jpg

1000048052.jpg

0 Likes
9 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Miljan It looks like you are using the MTEL network? I believe that they are outside the US. Unfortunately you have landed in the user to user discussion group for Samsung US products. To find the discussion group for your geographical area, visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/

Miljan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Oh, I see now. Sorry.

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Is it at the same place different areas may not have 5g cell towers?
0 Likes
Miljan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes. We tested 2 phones (my, Galaxy A54 5G and another Galaxy S23 Ultra) with the same network carrier and at the exact same place. Galaxy S23 Ultra has full 5G signal and speed about 1 Gbps while I wasn't able to connect to 5G at all. Day before that issue, everything worked just fine. Speed was about 100 mbps but that was way better than LTE, LTE_CA (can't go above 20 mbps) in my area. I turned power saving on and after less than a minute off, and, after that, I haven't been able to connect to 5G at all. I performed all network resets, phone restart, switched to NR only, but without success. 

I know it's not a US network, but maybe someone faced with a similar issue so I would be very grateful if someone would share a solution with me.

Best regards!

0 Likes
usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Is 5g enabled under settings/ connections/ mobile networks? NR means 5g but not sure how to read that report you posted in the screen shot.
0 Likes
Miljan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, it is enabled. 

1000048072.jpg

usssera
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Have you checked the mtel coverage map?
0 Likes
Miljan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, I have. I had 5G signal and good speed as you can see in the screenshot at the top of this post. The problem is that I just suddenly lost 5G signal, I had it previously. 

0 Likes
theycallmegaddy
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

——【STEP #1】——————————

Open settings. Type "reset" into the search bar, then navigate to whatever section allows you to reset your network settings & try that. If that doesn't solve the problem then proceed to step 2.

——【STEP #2】——————————

- Toggle Airplane Mode on. Wait 20 seconds, then toggle off.

- Toggle WiFi on. Wait 5 seconds, then toggle off.

- Toggle Bluetooth on. Wait 5 seconds, then toggle off.

- Toggle Mobile Data On. Wait 5 seconds, then toggle off. Wait 5 more seconds, then toggle on.

If problem persists, proceed to step 3.

——【STEP #3】——————————

Judging by the screenshot your provided, it looks like you're using the MyTechSuite app so give this a shot...

- Hit the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner & disable data.

- Wait about 20 seconds & then re-enable it & standby until your data server is back online.

- Change "Set Preferred Network Type" to NR/LTE, then toggle the "Mobile Radio Power" button.

If none of these work then it could possibly be a faulty sim card, but my best guess would be misconfigured APN settings (especially if your carrier settings just recently updated). It's possible that your specific device model requires a little fine tuning in order to synch with 5G towers.

0 Likes