JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A54 5G Audible app no longer works after update 4/17/24

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 05:34 PM)
userObZQTFwvfj
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Samsun A 54 5 G purchased directly from Samsung, running on T-mobile network. 

After the latest official update, I am unable to launch the Audible app. I have uninstalled, re-started, reinstalled. The app opens, I sign in, and then the app crashes. Android says the app has a bug, but it never had a bug ever before. I only download the official app from the Google Play store, no side-load, no unofficial software.

I have not experienced any other app crashing since the update, so far. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userObZQTFwvfj
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The app has had two recent updates. After uninstalling the app, the new versions have successfully installed and work on my A54 5G.

View solution in context

6 Replies
userObZQTFwvfj
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I tried that version and it crashes, too. The app crashes just like the Google one.

It has been over 72 hours since discovering the problems.
userObZQTFwvfj
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The app still will not run. No updates have been posted to the Play store. I have deleted and reinstalled many times without getting it to run. 

0 Likes
Members_0IWrFaY
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the same problem. The Audible app stopped working on my Galaxy A54. I've tried downloading it from Google Play Store and the Samsung Galaxy Store. I've tried a bunch of other methods too but nothing works. I switched to using the Audible website cloud player but it stopped working last night. The weird thing is the app works on my 5 year old Samsung J7 Prime cellphone that I basically just use as an mp3 player. It has no sim card in it but it can still connect using Wi-Fi. So either the latest Audible update doesn't like some system or program on certain Samsung Galaxy phones or vice-versa. I'm gonna pause my Audible membership until Audible or Samsung get this figured out.

0 Likes
4BatConservation
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm commiserating with everyone. App started crashing almost 2 weeks ago. Same phone as everyone else. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, cleared the cache force stopped. Emailed Audible, did a chat with Audible. All they can say is that they'll pass the problem onto their technical team. For a company as big as Audible, I'm surprised at how long its taken to fix the problem. Definitely going to pause membership. The app was the easiest way to listen.
0 Likes
K3000
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am having the exact same problem described above. It continues to not even launch or it launches for a few seconds and then quits. So I cannot get anywhere. I have shut down my phone, rebooted my A54 phone. I reinstalled the app a couple of times, but nothing works. Cannot get it to work no matter what I try after a couple weeks of trying.
0 Likes
Solution
userObZQTFwvfj
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The app has had two recent updates. After uninstalling the app, the new versions have successfully installed and work on my A54 5G.