Original topic:

Does Chromecast work on A54?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
user1976
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I want to cast a free sports app to my Roku TV, so far apps I've found aren't working. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Smartview isn't working for that?  Also, some apps just won't allow themselves to be cast.

0 Likes
user1976
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's not finding my TV. It's about 5 years old, so I wondered if that's the issue or if it's the phone. It's a pretty basic model. Thanks.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a 10 year old, first generation Roku stick.  I can cast to it.  Can you cast anything else to it?  If you can, then it's the app itself that won't allow itself to be cast. If your TV has HDMI ports, you might, and I stress might, be able to use a USB-C to HDMI adapter to plug the phone. directly into the TV to use as a monitor.

There might be a setting on the TV you have to activate, like when first pairing a BT device.  Roku TVs were made to be cast to. It's been so long since I set anything up, I don't remember if I had to do anything with the TV settings.  I have an at least 10 year old Sanyo that I can cast to. I think smartview found it right away -- along with all my neighbors' devices.

0 Likes
user1976
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I got frustrated & watched the Phillies on my phone. Some news clips that are fed to me do however cast to the TV.....I'll keep playing before I buy a chromecast thing then, thanks!
0 Likes
user1976
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes it works on my a54 Google chromecast to my projector. In smart view it states that it works with chromecast. 20240607_062025_1000001060_1717755627.jpg1717755646637.jpg
0 Likes
user1976
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Awesome, I was digging for info but didn't find that! Thanks
userra
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It will work on roku there's a tv nearby and i used it at my friend's house. Maybe you need to fix your roku settings maybe try Google home to add the roku i was using Google home for my really old chromecast that is better than the hd one i also have. You have to be on same wifi network i think for roku but try Google home too add it maybe. 1717759141312.jpg