Original topic:

Navigation buttons quit working after update

(Topic created: Wednesday)
OverlordRED
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A54 5G did an update couple days ago and now navigation buttons or anything on bottom strip of phone face fail to work. Bought phone ~3 months ago. I've checked settings, I've reset settings & no luck. Thanx ✌️ 
3 Replies
ThiccM0ney
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
They work differently now and I hate it.

Basically now you have a Google ai assistant when you swipe up from the middle of the bottom of the screen.

If you want to go back to something, you swipe from left or right edge inwards.

If you want to see your current apps, you swipe the same way as the assistant, but short distance and hold. This is the one I hate.

However, you can have it back the way it was, but the buttons will show all the time.

Go to Settings, Display, Navigation, and choose the other mode.
0 Likes
OverlordRED
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Unfortunately swiping does nothing also.. I'd be fine with that.. fine with anything to go back.. I can't even go home. Might be mistaken, but I thought I read A54 wasn't getting AI.. just doesn't have the hardware. Thnx tho...
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So, since you've only had the phone for 3 months, you are within the one-year manufacturer's warranty. Call Samsung and go through the troubleshooting with them, and tell them what troubleshooting you've already done. They should give you the option to go to your local You Break I Fix store (make sure it is corporate-owned and operated). They will probably want to factory data reset it and potentially flash it with new software. You can back it up with Smart Switch to an SD card. Or, they may want you to ship it to them with a prepaid shipping label. Unfortunately, that would mean that you would be without your phone for up to roughly 10 business days. However, in the worst-case scenario, as long as there's no physical or liquid damage, they'll probably just replace the device.
0 Likes