Original topic:

Does anyone still use the Galaxy Note 9 in 2024?

(Topic created: 04-17-2024 08:52 AM)
android678
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Does anyone still use the galaxy note 9 in 2024 even though the phone doesn't get any more support I still have mine been wanting to keep using is the galaxy note 9 still a great phone 

7 Replies
krazy_loco
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Note 9 was one of the best note versions out there. I'm a note a holic and had to update, but that's one update I regret. I should have kept with the note 9.
android678
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I still have my I've used it one time when I got my A52 I just put it to the side don't know samsung couldn't at least give it android 11 or android 12
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think it's all about the money, only way to get folks to update to their new phone :mobile_phone: :mobile_phone_with_arrow: 🤪
0 Likes
android678
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yea if you want four years of software yup that's about right but you look at Apple the iPhone 8 got IOS 16 without any issues how come the note 9 couldn't get at least one more before samsung pulled the plug
GiGiShrum
Asteroid
Options
I do!!! I'm having slight issues now that it no longer receives updates and patches (but I never got the last update anyway, ugh).

Do you know how Samsung depreciates devices as soon as they're no longer given support and updates? Rumor has it that they do this in purpose so we are forced to upgrade and give they more money.

So what I've noticed, especially within last month, is suddenly my Battery is showing "weak" and drains so fast any anymore! I used to be able to charge it and it last the majority of the day, easily, and I'm a constant power user throughout the day, so the battery life was AMAZING and practically known as "the best" of Samsung. NOW, I maybe get 3-4 hours with a full charge and that includes me limiting my usage to try and make it last. On top of that, it says "Fast Charging" still when I plug it in, and will say about "1 hr 45 min" to charge most often, BUT it goes slow af now and no matter what I do, what setting i adjust, it doesn't get better. I've tried with different charging cords just to make sure but no luck.

On top of that, I'm now having "ghost touches" most days and my screen freezes, And the only way to unfreeze it is to press the power button to turn off the screen and then use my finger to unlock.

The mic isn't workings that great either.

What frustrates me most is, I know I'm gonna have to upgrade but i am extremely attached to this phone, the speed, the stylus, unlock sensors in back...

The only compatible I've been able to find when researching for a similar device is a Samsung S23 Ultra and ill basically have to sell a kidney to afford it. 😫😫

I really love this phone
0 Likes
android678
Cosmic Ray
Options
I had to say goodbye to my note 9 and traded in for the S21
0 Likes
android678
Cosmic Ray
Options
That's what I was saying android 11 or 12 should've been one more update shoot look at Apple the IPhone xr is getting IOS 18
0 Likes