Original topic:

Galaxy A53 5G Is it international?

(Topic created: Saturday)
userHFXFUcSqLp
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, I would like to know if a Galaxy A53 unlocked purchased and used in the US, can be used overseas like in Cuba and Spain? I have read that it has only 1 slot for SIM cards but also that they can be placed in the same slot, not sure how that works.

Thanks for your guidance,

Ana

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@userHFXFUcSqLp If you are just visiting, check with your carrier. Many carriers provide inexpensive international plans. 

If you plan on staying there permanently, you could replace your US SIM card with a local SIM card. The phone may not have the best frequency bands for those countries but will probably work. 

0 Likes
siegfre
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
A53 5g has slots for 2 sims or 1 sim & 1 microsd card
meself
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Seen mentioned that other countries can use different bands or still on 4g for example no 5g but vary I would think you would be fine using a local Sim
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Generally your service provider can hook you up with International phone service for mobile phone, mine has an extra monthly service fee and then per minutes charge for each country, some are small and some are not small.

Some people also buy sim cards for the area they visiting and pay per minute as well.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes