JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery filter out videos?

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 09:31 PM)
NomadDrew
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It sure would be nice if the Gallery could filter out videos when perusing photos and other pictures. As it is I have a third party app which although can do so, should be unnecessary if Gallery was properly made.

My phone is a Galaxy A54 5G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
From the gallery app, select the search icon at the top and type in "video." All video files should appear.
NomadDrew
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
They do appear, but I don't want them to appear.

My very useful gallery app by Simple Mobile has a filter for different types.

Screenshot_20231024_004543_Gallery.jpg
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ah, I see! 😅 Sorry for the mix up. To the best of my knowledge, these options aren't available in the native gallery app. That's part of the beauty of Android phones though, we aren't limited to using only a certain app or brand of apps like that rotten fruit brand. If this gallery app works well for your needs, that's great!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.