Original topic:

Hide my phone number

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 12:51 AM)
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

After upgrading to Android 12 I can't find the option to hide my number while calling.

I use a Galaxy A71.

Before upgrading there was an option to permanently show/hide my phone number, but after upgrading I can't find it anymore.

I know I can add a prefix for every number I call, but I want to set/unset the option in a permanent way...

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Open phone app - select three dot menu - second option from bottom is settings - fourth option from bottom is supplementary services - first option is caller ID (network default, always, and never are the options)

View solution in context

9 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Try going to the settings in your phone app and go under supplementary services, it should give you the option to hide your caller ID
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Many thanks.

My interface is Italian, so I am still unable to locate the option.

Can anybody please suggest the step-by-step orocedure, so that I can translate each option and locate it?

Regards

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You could take a screenshot then use Bixby translate
0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Why or how I ask has your interface become Italian?
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you go into Settings > General Management > Language should be the first option to make your device English again, if you so desire. And you can use Google translate to do it.
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I see, I got the impression that you couldn't read Italian and needed assistance finding the option bc it's written in the other language.
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Why or how I ask has your interface become Italian?

Simply because I am Italian and I live in Italy...

Anyway, I spent years in software localization, so if I get the name of an option or a menu item in English I can translate it in Italian...

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Open phone app - select three dot menu - second option from bottom is settings - fourth option from bottom is supplementary services - first option is caller ID (network default, always, and never are the options)
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Many, many thanks! It's exactly what I was looking for!