Original topic:

How to get the Android 14 update on the Galaxy A54 (US)?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Hemant2938
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

How do I get android 14 and one ui 6.0 on my Samsung galaxy a54 5g USA VERSION????

68 Replies
3Fees
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can diy flash your phone up to the latest update or wait till it's available, your choice.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
JeLyStew
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am wondering why my A13 5g still hasn't received the Android 14 update despite the TMobile web site stating that the update has been in development for the past 6 months. 
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You would have to contact T-Mobile about that. Perhaps they just haven't rolled it out to the A13s yet.

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My A13 5G is on straight talk and still hasn't received the Android 14 update yet, so we'll have to wait
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes, just checked Samsung hasn't issued Android 14 for any A13 5G's as of today.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
JeLyStew
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just to clarify what you said about Android 14 having not been released for the A13 5g... It absolutely has been released for the handset in every country but the U.S. Samsung sent the update to the A13 5g unlocked models around the world between January and February of this year so my question remains valid and unanswered by anyone at Samsung. T-Mobile has placed the cross-hairs squarely on Samsung's shoulders for answers about the update by stating on the T-Mobile site for the past almost 3 months that the update is in development.
0 Likes
ab1228
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You're absolutely right they just don't want to release it to this phone and what I'm thinking is they say that it was going to get updated to 14 but I think that they don't want to upgrade the phone because it's getting so old and they're just focusing on their other phones and I know it's better than development longer than what it was supposed to be because you seen how fast they got the s22 ultra s23 and s24 out fast it didn't even take them a day to get it done but as for the a13 I think that it's a waste of time and their eyes so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it at all it's just time to upgrade our phones pretty much and that's pretty much how they want it they don't want people using their old phones they want people to buy the newer ones which I find pointless
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's so cute that you all think that Samsung has a nefarious plan to make you buy a new phone.  The oldest phones are usually the last to get updates (regardless of brand).  It takes longer to make sure any updates are compatible with older hardware.  It is unlikely the A13s would have all the features that the newer flagships have, particularly the AI, if that's what you're so heated to get your hands on.  If these are the features you are waiting to get your hands on, you will be disappointed, as the budget phones ain't getting that. For the basic user, there is no real difference between Android 13 & 14, except 14 has a few more annoyances as far as settings go.

It appears that people with no programming background seem to think these things happen by magic, not that there are many software engineers working to make things compatible with many different phone sets and hardware configurations.  (Even if it was by magic, you'd still need qualified wizards.) That was just one of the reasons why there are only a limited number of updates that are promised.  If your phone is working as it should, there is no reason you need to have the update, other than that you want it because everyone else seems to have it.  

So, your choices would be, 1) wait for the update to come, however long it takes, or 2) upgrade your phone.  No one is saying you have to buy an S series, but the newer A series will either come with Android 14 and OneUI 6.1 or will quickly update to it.

0 Likes
WindowsOmega
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I was checking for what feels like the a millionth time, if my phone got the Android 14 update. And I saw that there was on AT&T's website. So, I went to settings to do the software update, but it always says, "Software Update Interrupted: There is no software update available for this phone. Please try again later in 24 hours."
0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
First, make sure the phone has a charge of at least 60%

Next restart your phone
Next go and check that your google play store is updated and your samsung apps updated.
Check and see if this might help.
You should be getting security updates too, so if you aren't getting those automatically, that could be an issue.

Hopefully someone else can chime in, I did know this was an issue with other users even S24 users, so you're not alone!