Original topic:

I have a contact name in my message menu settings

(Topic created: 09-07-2024 07:49 PM)
acenhole
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So in messages (main screen), I open the Menu and select Settings and select Notifications, which opens App Notifications. I select Notifications categories and under the "other" it displays Forground sync (on/off) General notification (on/off) New messages (on/off) Maddy (on/off). Maddy is a contact name in my phone contact list. Why is "Maddy" being displayed here? And how do I undo this? Thank you
8 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
That is odd
acenhole
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes it is. It all started when the message notification appeared, with the floating bubble, and not the message screen from the pull down screen. I changed the notifications display back to normal. No more bubble icon, but "Maddy" is now in my message menu settings... screen. I might have to contact the store. Thank you.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Just a guess on my part remove Maddy from contacts fir time bring as you go thru the notifications and get set than do a test text with Maddy and see if it appears Normal than add back to contacts and try again see if same
acenhole
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I am going to try that now. I tried BruZZi's suggestion, and it moved the contact up from others to conversations. So I am going to (your plan) remove and check and test and see if it removes it completely and back to where it belongs. Thank you. Much Love ā¤ļø
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Click on "Maddy" and a menu will pop up.

See if there's a option:

"Set This As Not A Conversation".

Check it.

Go back to Notifications Categories and see  if the name is gone.

meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Was thinking that next step beat me to it
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Hopefully it works.
acenhole
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Yes, it did move Maddy up from "others" to "conversations," (same menu screen) so it was set to conversation. Thank you. I will try MESELF's suggestion and remove the contact and check and test and see if that further removes it. Much love ā¤ļø