JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages in group text not working

(Topic created: 01-14-2024 07:24 AM)
Lestrange_394
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a samsung Ao3s and straight talk service. I can text individuals just fine but I recently made a group chat and it worked for just maybe 10 minutes and now when they send a message it comes to my phone individually in our private texts not in the group text and when I message they either don't see it at all or it sends individually. 

I have the group thingy switched one but it sends everything as multimedia. The chat was made from and iPhone user as I'm the only android/Samsung user

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lestrange_394
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I may have fixed mine. I was under the messages app trying to create a text message for my group. It was showing one person's name as red. As of I couldn't add them.

I decided to go under contacts add their names to a group in my contacts and then hit message group. Now it works

View solution in context

6 Replies
MoorSoul
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
it's not just text messages for me I have an S22 Ultra and I can't send mms messages it'd quite annoying.
Solution
Lestrange_394
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I may have fixed mine. I was under the messages app trying to create a text message for my group. It was showing one person's name as red. As of I couldn't add them.

I decided to go under contacts add their names to a group in my contacts and then hit message group. Now it works
MoorSoul
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
mine are contacts that are in my phone but I'll try that to see.
0 Likes
Lestrange_394
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Mine were contacts too. I added their contact to a group inside of my contacts so I basically made a group contact from existing contacts. Idk if it will fix your problem but it fixed mine
bvggghjjol
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Can't get talk text back on
0 Likes
nuclearjen
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the same issue. Whenever there are a lot of group texts it just stops working. This has been going on for years and Samsung will not address it. I wont be buying another Samsung.

0 Likes