JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

More connection settings crash

(Topic created: 03-31-2023 02:15 AM)
AaronS
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a galaxy A52 5g. Recently, I just tried to change some DNS and VPN settings, and the more connections button to get to them causes the settings app to crash consistently. Tried restarting my phone and resetting network settings. I am now unable to use my ad blocker because it sets up a VPN, and I can't access the settings to allow it. Hoping I won't have to reset my phone...
JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Dewmedic
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello #Samsung and/ or @Communityuser3049203?

Is anyone addressing this issue? I've followed all of the steps listed by the moderator above, and I've taken my phone to an authorized service center to have the software flashed as recommended by the support center, but I still have the same issue: Selecting "More connections" under "Connections" in settings causes the phone to dump all the way back to the Settings home screen. If I go through and select "More connections" again, I get an error message that says "App keeps stopping". 

And this all started right after the update that Samsung pushed out at the beginning of April.

Is anyone actually looking at this issue? I've posted the same concern on the Samsung Members App, and I haven't seen a response there either.

I'm not ready to go out and buy an Apple product yet, but I'm starting to think about it if Samsung can't get this issue resolved.

Thanks

Dew

AaronS
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
April security update still did not fix the issue. First they break notification vibration (which is finally working for me), and now this issue. There hasn't been any update on if or when they will fix this issue. I need access to private DNS settings and it's ridiculous they broke a core part of the settings app.
7-Ace
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same issue, in safe mode, even after hard reset, cache wiped, factory data reset.

Issue is linked to latest android 13 update.

Anyway to downgrade or is Samsung working on a solution. If not, last Samsung device for me.

AaronS
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Samsung has been silent on this issue, idk why. It's infuriating
AaronS
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Latest security update, no change. This is beyond pathetic Samsung! How long can you go while ignoring critical issues like this?!