JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My A53 5g won't recognize my face or add fingerprint

(Topic created: 01-09-2023 02:16 PM)
Sparklery
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have had my A 53 5g phone for about a month and I absolutely can't get it to work on biometrics. It doesn't recognize my face and it will not allow me to put my fingerprint on the device at all. I have tried everything, I even called Samsung directly and had a tech support person try to help me with this problem and I am very frustrated because even he wasn't able to find a way to fix the problem. He said to take it to an authorized dealer to see if they can get it to work. If anyone has any suggestions or has had the same problem please let me know if and how you were able to get it to work. Thanks for any help I can get. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Smileygirl349 Sorry that you are in this situation. You would need to contact Samsung directly. Security is useless if there is an easy way to circumvent it. 

"I did reset the password on my old phone when the 8 hours goes by again will I be able to use that password I just created?"

No. That new password would only work on the old phone where it was reset. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Sparklery
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Seems like you right about the update. Hope they get it fixed fast.
0 Likes
Smileygirl349
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I need some desperate help please! I got a new phone under warranty and decided to set it up under biometrics fingerprints. Each time I try to sign in it gives me Each time I try to sign in it gives me a a message to keep trying and then it locks me out. Now I'm locked out for 8 hours. I don't remember the password which makes it even more difficult. I did reset the password on my old phone when the 8 hours goes by again will I be able to use that password I just created? In other words I can't remove the fingerprint from my device by going into settings because I can't get in there. Does anybody have any advice how I can do this using my PC or my old phone on Wi-Fi. I am such an ignorant person when it comes to all this I hate technology. Your help would be greatly appreciated. PS I have a Galaxy A32 5G
0 Likes
Benten17
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Get a code book from Amazon. It has a 3 digit combination on the front of it. Use a password generator and write down EVERYTHING! That and also get a physical key. It's a USB/NFC key. I put mine on a dog tag necklace. These two things have helped me enormously on not remembering and getting locked out. It pretty much never happens any more. That is once you get your problem resolved.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Smileygirl349 Sorry that you are in this situation. You would need to contact Samsung directly. Security is useless if there is an easy way to circumvent it. 

"I did reset the password on my old phone when the 8 hours goes by again will I be able to use that password I just created?"

No. That new password would only work on the old phone where it was reset. 

Smileygirl349
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you so much for your response.
0 Likes