Original topic:

No recovery/download mode, permanently locked A54 no solutions no help

(Topic created: Wednesday)
BusyBee917
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have a Galaxy A54 about a month ago it gave me a message of "too many incorrect unlock attempts have been made so Samsung has permanently locked this device..." Strange, because there was no screen lock on this phone. Ive been searching for a solution for almost a month now. Samsung service centers and techs dont know what to do accept go to recovery/download mode, but they can not be accessed. Ive tried all 9 combinations of buttons with inserting the the power cable into a computer, a charger, an otg with a bootable flash drive, ive tried holding the buttons for different lenths of time, ive tried a program that forces download mode, ive literally been attempting to get to recovery or download mode at least 2 hours a day (sometimes 5 or 6) for the past 25 days. Ive tried from the off state that (i removed the back so i can unplug the battery at will) the on state, the soft reset state, Ive tried third party software to enable adb Debugging, but they dont work because the emergency dialer wont enter test mode *#0*# or *#*#88#*#*, i cant even get it to display the imei via *#06#. My computer recognizes the phone for a second when i connect, but then stops. All my drivers are up to date, software up to date all my data cables are functioning perfectly with the 5 other phones ive tried them on.
I dont like being beaten by non sentient objects. Any suggestions aside from the well known ways to enter recovery mode? 
What does not or will not work:
Remotely resetting via Samsung Google Acct. (No account on phone)
Recovery / download mode. (Tried every button combination and sequence at least 10times w/ and without the data cable also tried power cable, charger, computer and otg)
Forcing adb debugging via third party software because i cant enter the test mode via the emergency dialer. 
Hard resetting, soft resetting. 
Im about to put it in a sock and whack it on the ground a few times in hopes that will do the trick.
Theres nothing that needs to be saved on this phone and i have Odin. Have you ever seen terminator ? We cant let the machines win!!!
4 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is your phone still under warranty?  If you had no lock on your phone in the first place, this sounds like a manufacturer's defect (unless someone had access to your phone and put one on, forgot it and then attempted to unlock it before you discovered what they had done).  When you say you spoke to Samsung Techs, were they the service center techs, or phone support? If you called Samsung, you may not have spoken to the real techs, but a CS rep trying to act as one.  In any case, the service center people should have been able to help you, or at least told you nothing can be done once permanently locked, otherwise what use are they?

You can put in an error report with Samsung - I don't know if they actually respond to those, but at least it's on record. If you can't find your IMEI, your serial #, along with model code, should be listed in your Samsung account if the device was registered.  If you go to your Google account and use the find my device, you will get a list of devices that had been signed into Google and if you click on the device, it will tell you the model # and IMEI. Since you are not actively on the device, when you click the device name, you will then have to click the setting wheel to bring up the device info.

0 Likes
BusyBee917
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Expired on May15th. This was part of a whole lot purchased from Samsungs wholesale auctions. It worked fine when i got it. Musta been some update
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It was my understanding, from reading much earlier posts on here, that Samsung had the ability to unlock "permanently" locked phones as long as the user could prove who they were. I could be misremembering, though.
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There used to be a way to do that in the Samsung SmartThings like computer website. However unfortunately it was permanently disabled something like a year ago. They never really explained why. As a result they're really is no way, however I have been reading this issue a lot with multiple a14s, a53s. And I personally almost ended up having that issue with my s24 ultra. I ended up having to factory data reset it, I certain I knew the pin number, and then after it did the software update, I didn't know the PIN number. I was so certain because it was the exact same pin number on my tablet, which still unlocked with that same pin number. I'll tell you what Samsung customer support told me, factory data reset it and that's all you can do. If you take it to a local You Break I Fix that is a corporate owned store, there is a possibility they may be able to flash it with new software. However that will completely erase everything and make it as if it is Factory new, with a software lock until you unlock it with your Google account.
0 Likes