1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@iiElectriczRB I know how upsetting it is to not be able to retrieve those important memories from your previous phone. As you are unable to access the phone to use Smart Switch to transfer the data, you can see if they have been backed up to a Cloud service such as Google Photos. If the photos have not been backed up, you can try contacting a data recovery center for assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

just to confirm... you tried the smart switch? both cable and wireless?

Smart Switch should be able to transfer and nearly copy everything to the new device.

Also, please share the device information. It's always good to note what devices are being talked about so that commenters can recall if they've seen same issue on the same device... also helps to see if the issue is model specific or not.

0 Likes
iiElectriczRB
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've tried smart switch, it doesn't work because I can't really access the phone since it keeps restarting by itself on the lock screen. I had a Samsung J3 Orbit.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@iiElectriczRB I know how upsetting it is to not be able to retrieve those important memories from your previous phone. As you are unable to access the phone to use Smart Switch to transfer the data, you can see if they have been backed up to a Cloud service such as Google Photos. If the photos have not been backed up, you can try contacting a data recovery center for assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.