JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Permanent Hotspot with Galaxy A24

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 02:10 AM)
Vagulus
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

How to I set Hotspot on my Galaxy A24 to stay on permanently?

8 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It will only stay on if a device is connected to it. You can create a routine to turn it on, but because it drains the battery, it was not designed to stay on indefinitely.
0 Likes
Vagulus
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks @Ekamek 

Can you tell me what Sedttings --> Connections --> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering --> Mobile Hotspot --> Auto Hotspot  does?

Please don't give me the Official Samsung Blurb which is intended to explain its function to those who already know what it does.  What does it actually do?

Cheers

0 Likes
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Auto Hotspot is for your phone to connect to any available Hotspot within range without any security setting - usually not secured. The downside to this is that it may connect to a "trap" wireless network setup to hack your device. I don't advise you to have this on.
0 Likes
Vagulus
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks again @Ekamek 

You are chatting with someone who got scammed a week ago.  I'm extra nervous.  šŸ˜µ

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's always good to be extra careful when dealing with people on the internet.
0 Likes
Vagulus
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

This is interesting @Ekamek , @Summest 

My Hotspot is staying on permanently - that is to say it has been on constantly for several days now.  I have no idea how I turned it on but there IS  obviously some setting to do so.

As far as 'trap' networks go, they would still have to log in.

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If a device is connected to the Hotspot, it will stay on while connected, but it goes off after a certain time if no device is connected to it. Not every wifi network has an option for users log in. Even those with login option are set differently. Some require credentials while others just allows you to acknowledge that your activities are monitored while connected to the network. Others don't even have an interaction with the user. WiFi capable devices can auto connect to open network as long as the network is setup correctly.
Summest
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My hotspot is set with a password and won't let non-passworded contacts in.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes