Original topic:

Phone Won't Start and need to save the data

(Topic created: a month ago)
TheBrian
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A few weeks ago my phone was restarting over and over again and would glitch. I recently it wouldn't turn on regardless of how long I charge it. I will probably have to get a new phone but still I need some of the stuff one the old one.

2 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Same thing with me. Did you save anything to Samsung cloud? Or backup your phone before? The only way i got my phone to work once before it totally failed was plugging it in and starting it up while plugged in.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you saved a backup to the Samsung cloud, you should be able to restore it (assuming you buy another Samsung) on a new phone.  Google backs up almost everything by default unless you specifically turn off sync, so you will at least get that stuff back (messages, call logs, apps, settings) when you log into your Google account on a new phone, regardless of brand. From what I can tell, files don't back up, so if you have documents, downloads, music or custom sounds, you need that are not otherwise backed up to another device, cloud service (such as One Drive or Google Drive), you will need that Samsung backup.

0 Likes