JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A15 5G sim card is not activated after turning the airplane mode OFF

(Topic created: 09-07-2024 03:58 PM)
FarsKhorasani
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi,

We have a brand new Samsung Galaxy A15 5G. when I turn ON/OFF Airplane mode off, that's where we see the prohibited sign :prohibited: instead of the signal strength bar of my phone service provider when airplane mode is OFF. I have to restart the phone to active the mobile sim card. 

please help. or I have to return the phone. 

samsung_phone_SIM.jpg

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Why do you put the phone in airplane mode at night? Just put it on do not disturb.
FarsKhorasani
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

it seems you use your phone differently. I don't to receive anything and including whatsapp messages and give the impression that I am available and show double :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:.

Besides, you did not get the point. You should be able to turn ON/OFF airplane mode and your phone should work and the SIM card should get activated. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I got the point.  Yes, you should be able to turn airplane mode on and off with no negative effects on connectivity. I merely asked why you turn on airplane mode at night when, if you don't want anything to come through, that's what do not disturb is for.  Believe it or not, some people do not know do not disturb exists and I have no way of knowing whether or not you are one of those people. Nothing will come through that you don't specifically allow.  Of course, you have to set the parameters, which is easy enough to do in your dnd settings.

In any case, you should contact your carrier, as it could actually be a SIM error.  You can also put in an error report with Samsung by using the support tab on the members app or through device care/diagnostics/feedback

meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Air plane mode isn't for activation or phone call needs
FarsKhorasani
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

you gotta learn then. When you turn ON/OFF airplane mode, it turns OFF RF (Radio frequency) transmission and reception.  You should not respond if you don't know the answer. 

0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Actually I know what I'm talking about phones over 10 years with airplane mode off work just fine no issues
0 Likes
Solution
FarsKhorasani
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The same sim card did not have any issue with other phone. I just switch the SIM card from other provider. the issue is resolved.