JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A51 alarm not working when phone is off

(Topic created: 10-15-2022 12:11 PM)
4joey1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi!II have a Samsung Galaxy A51 phone.At night I normally switch it off while sleeping.I usually set the phone to wake me up early morning but when I set the alarm using default Clock app phone,the alarm doesnt ring early in the morning and phone is still off.Alarm works when phone is on but not while off.

How can I resolve this?

6 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I'm confused, do you mean you power it off completely? If so, I don't know of any app that is going to turn your phone on while it activates the app.
0 Likes
4joey1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes when phone is completely switched off.

I dont understand why Samsung phone has this problem.I have a Tecno phone and the alarm works when phone is completely off

Solution
St3v3C
Sun
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Alarms only work when the phone is turned on. If you have another phone that does that, it's specific to that phone.
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have never heard of a phone that rings alarms when completely off. You won't find that on any samsung phones.
4joey1
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Tecno phone and the alarm works when phone is completely off.I click power off before I sleep so I assume the phone goes completely off

1 minute before the alarm time,the Tecno phone switches itself on then the alarm rings at alarm time during morning hours.

If Samsung phones cannot achieve the same then I understand

The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Sounds like a cool feature. Unfortunately, that probably won't be on Samsung phones any time soon.
0 Likes