Original topic:

Turn off read receipts in Samsung Messages App

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Galaxy A25 and I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off read receipts on the messages app. I see that I can do it using Google messages, but I don't see an option under Samsung messages.

0 Likes
10 Replies
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Open the Samsung Messages app. Then, open the text message thread of the contact for whom you want to disable the setting. Once you open the message, tap the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner. You will see an option that says, "Send read confirmation." Tap that, and it will change to "Don't send read receipts."
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
There is no option for that. I have the options to delete, search, notification sound, category, customized chat room, and shared attachments
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When you first open the Samsung Messages app, click on the three dots, then select "Settings," then "Advanced Messaging," and finally, "Advanced Messaging."
0 Likes
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Nothing at all that says Advanced messaging either. I clicked on the three dots and then also clicked on more settings and couldn't find it there either. I did just try it out with my son and he said he didn't receive a read message from me after he texted me. Maybe clicking the option through Google messages transfers over to Samsung messages?
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
When you first open the app, do not click on anyone. Instead, click on the three dots in the top right corner of your screen. If you did and it did not show up, then I do not know.
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It is an unlocked phone. I did find something similar through a Verizon website just now and the person was told that they didn't have advanced messaging because it was an unlocked phone.
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Oh, well, my phone unlocked, and I have advanced messaging. I hope you find a solution to your problem. Have a good day.
0 Likes
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks for trying. You have a good day as well!
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Open Samsung Messages > tap 3 Dot Menu > tap Settings > tap More Settings > tap Text Message > toggle off Show When Delivered then go back and do the same for Multimedia Messages
0 Likes