Original topic:

Samsung cloud not giving the option to restore files

(Topic created: Sunday)
2dsandanf
Constellation
Options

PLEASE HELP ASAP I had a VERY important word document saved on a Galaxt A15 that I dropped on the sidewalk and broke the screen on that needs to be turned in by Tuesday night. I know that the screen is the only part of the phone that is broken because my car's Bluetooth is still reading the phone and playing songs from my YouTube music account, it would ring when people called me until I transfered my number to my old phone, and hooking it up to my laptop with a usb would show me at least some of the files on that phone but starting today whenever I hook the broken phone up to my laptop it just gives me an "empty folder" message. Going into settings-accounts and backup-restore data under samsung cloud shows me that I can restore call logs, messages, contacts, apps, and even my homescreen layout and wallpaper, but there is no option for restoring files. This is stressing the he'll out of me and I need any easy fix right now because the guy at the mall can't fix it until Wednesday.

3 Replies
Saguaronaut
Asteroid
Options
Was your word doc saved in a particular app? If so, it may be possible to log into that app using your laptop or other device and retrieve it. Unfortunately, Samsung Cloud doesn't back up files stored in your phones internal storage, only files that you've opened in, or moved to Samsung Notes. I lost files nearly the same way. Now I use both Notes and Google drive. Just in case.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@2dsandanf Unfortunately this is not something that Samsung account backs up. You could use a Smart Switch backup to backup these type of items. But on critical documents it makes more sense to put them in cloud storage. 

0 Likes
Members_negsduI
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Carver
0 Likes