Original topic:

Speak to text

(Topic created: Sunday)
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Why is it when I use the microphone when I speak my text the same thing I just typed in the field repeats itself so when I send my text it shows that I sent the same message twice even why I stop the Mike. Happens all the time. And on the receiving end the person doesn't know why I sent the same text twice in the same message. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Once you have done that, it may or may not force you to press a little keyboard looking icon in the bottom left corner of your keyboard, below the keyboard and then tap Google Voice typing each time you wish to use Google Voice typing. It's mildly annoying, but I think it works better than Samsung's speech to text engine. Let me know if all of that works for you? If it does please accept the solution.

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Replies
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
I started having a similar problem recently, I just have to be better about proofreading before I hit the send button. I don't know if there's anything you really can do about it.
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I totally agree. I hit the mic button immediately after speaking and if I hesitate for I millisecond it doubles up.
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Oddly enough, I have discovered that disabling Samsung voice-to-text and setting Google Voice-to-Text as the default prevents duplication and improves performance slightly. However, I often still need to do some proofreading.
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I will try doing that and see if I get better results. Thanks
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm looking for the settings now to try to help you out.
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I was just going to ask you that
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung text to speak?
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I found Google voice typing. Changed from Samsung voice imput
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm not sure if you are getting my messages directly. It seems it's going out to the forum instead
0 Likes