Original topic:

Speak to text

(Topic created: Sunday)
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Why is it when I use the microphone when I speak my text the same thing I just typed in the field repeats itself so when I send my text it shows that I sent the same message twice even why I stop the Mike. Happens all the time. And on the receiving end the person doesn't know why I sent the same text twice in the same message. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone else have this problem?
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Weird
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
I tried to DM you, see if you got it?
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

If you post a response to a forum post, it is public.  If you want to private message someone, you have to click on their username and direct message them. However, posters receive a notification of a response (unless they have notifications from the members app turned off).

SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks I've been trying to explain it 😅
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Ok, so it's settings>general management>samsung keyboard settings>voice input> set google voice tying. Next after you do that, settings>general management>keyboard list and default>set google voice tying to default>then you will be able to customize google voice tying settings. ( such as whether or not you want to download additional languages, or whether or not you wish to block it from typing out offensive words.)
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
OK. I did all that. I am going to text my wife's phone and see if there is any difference
Solution
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Once you have done that, it may or may not force you to press a little keyboard looking icon in the bottom left corner of your keyboard, below the keyboard and then tap Google Voice typing each time you wish to use Google Voice typing. It's mildly annoying, but I think it works better than Samsung's speech to text engine. Let me know if all of that works for you? If it does please accept the solution.
0 Likes
user14r8CzpsTF
Cosmic Ray
Options
I think it worked! It brought up the Google mic and it didn't seem to duplicate it. But no punctuation or anything else like commas or question marks
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
With Google's voice typing you have to say the punctuation. So if you're going to speak a sentence let's say the sentence is hey how are you? Then you have to say the comma after hay and the question mark at the end of the sentence. It's weird but it does get it.
0 Likes