Original topic:

Text messages issues between samsung smartphones

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My mom has a Samsung Galaxy J3 luna thru Straight Talk and I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra thru AT&T. She is not getting texr messages from my phone and if she does they are hours after I sent it out. I have told her to restart her phone frequently and when she does, my text messages go thru as they should but in a matter days or a week, they are back to not being recieved my her at all or if she does they are 5+ hours after I sent it. What could be causing this and how could it be fixed or can it be fixed? Could it be a bad sim card??

She says she has no problem with texts from anyone else except my texts. I have a google voice number I use for business and I has been texting from that number because she will get those messages and they seem to all be recieved on time but from my number threw AT&T is when the text problems comes.
8 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@MzLadyX This is an issue with her phone, her phone's connectivity to the network, or Straight Talk. Her phone is quite old and has an very old OS and security installed. I am very surprised that they are still selling and supporting this phone. 

MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
She only got it a couple years ago. I know in cellphone years that equal to ancient. So the only fix would be to replace the phone completely?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I doubt that the phone is defective. Either a network setting on her phone or at the carrier is probably the issue. Have you tried a Network reset on her phone?
MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No. But she is on the way to my place now. Ill try it when she gets here. Thanks. Ill report back.
0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Are you both using Google Messages? If not, that's why !
MzLadyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Im not sure what she uses. She is on her way to my place. Ill ask her. Im not sure why that that would be. Because it works again again after she restarts her phone for awhile. Maybe a week and then goes back. It hasent been the entire time she had the phone either. Only the last 9 months maybe. Ill ask her when she gets here thou.
0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I bet she's using Samsung Messages. Thats going away which would cause these issues ... If she is using Samsung Messages, have her switch.
Options
If you're talking about the Galaxy J3 Luna Pro, that phone is old. I still have mine from 2018, and it's also on Straight Talk, but I think it's about time to get a new phone. The Galaxy A series phones receive updates, and they also have up-to-date OS. Mine just lost its mobile data signal due to its hardware problems, so upgrading to the A series is a good option
0 Likes