Original topic:

Tips on improving Battery life

(Topic created: Saturday)
qwerty1
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
  • Any Tips on improving battery life on a smart phone?
0 Likes
8 Replies
brainsm3rts_minor
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I think having your brightness low but maybe I'm wrong
Solution
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
1. Minimize background data by putting apps you want but rarely use to deep sleep, and delete (uninstall) apps you don't want. 2. Refrain from extreme bright screen use. 3. You can also enable power saving under battery settings.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Don't use it?  Why are people so obsessed with battery life? Unless you never put your phone down and your screen is always on, you should be able to get a full day *at least* out of your phone's battery. They are easy to charge anywhere if you find yourself running low. 

However, keeping the screen brightness low or turning on adaptive brightness would help some; not having an AOD; limiting background processes and regular optimization will all give you more battery life.

ImRyan
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Lol šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ yes. Exactly. I don't know what they are doing on their phone
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Curious, what phone do you have?

If it is a newish phone, less than 3 years, there is no reason your phone doesn't last all day. How long do you want it last? Multiple days?

I haven't had a Samsung phone die on me in years. I am an extreme power user, 9-10 hrs of SoT a day. I take my phone off the charger and never have to charge during the day. When it is time to plug in again, I usually still have at least 20% left.

I call that a success!
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same here, I put it on the charger while I sleep and take it off in the morning when I wake up so, in use approximately 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. and still have power to spare - more if I haven't heavily used the phone that day.  I don't care the battery only lasts from sunup to sundown since I don't use it when I'm sleeping and I'm charging it anyway.  I always carry a power pack with me and a cable, so *if* I feel it's running low, I can just top it off. And I can use it while I'm charging it if I'm just sitting around playing games at home.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't get the people who think a cell phone or a watch, for that matter, needs to last multiple days .

My watch, I can get 34-36 hrs if I push it. I top my watch off during my morning routine. I sleep with it on for sleep tracking.
Maybe I will get the ring when it goes on sale for Xmas. Then I don't need to wear my watch to bed.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I charge my watch between waking up and finishing breakfast, then top it off while showering after my swim and then I usually don't have to charge it again til morning--rinse and repeat. If I see it doesnt have 30% an hour before bed, I give it a boost on the charger for 10-15 mins. If it went days without having to charge it, im more likely to forgrt to do it and then it will be out of power at the most onconvenient time. And, the phone justs lasts me all day.
0 Likes