JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

USB-C Headphones Turn Screen On

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 12:23 PM)
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Using usb-c headphones on Galaxy A54 and anytime I press the controls on the headphones for volume or play/pause, the screen turns on. Issue aside from that is it turns on while in my pocket, so the song playing will skip forward or back or ahead. The phone might be recognizing the headphones as a controller, but I have not found any settings. Any info? 
3 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You can take the music controls off the lock screen, so accidental touches don't activate the controls and/or you can go to your phone settings and turn on accidental touch protection in the display settings. I believe the screen activation is by design.

0 Likes
JLo33
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you for the input. I have accidental touch protection on, but I didn't want to go the route of taking music controls off the lock screen, but I guess it is what will do.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The controls will still be available on the notification screen, or you can put a widget on one of your home pages, that way you could still use the music controls if you want, but you won't get the accidental repeats/skipping.

0 Likes