JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to find the "cents" symbpol on my Galaxy S6, Model # SM-G920W8.

(Topic created: 06-19-2024 02:26 PM)
WdB54
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Please help... I am unable to find the "cents" symbol on my Galaxy S6, Model # SM-G920W8.  I've tried the "hold down the $ key" but that doesn't work with this phone.  Acquiring this symbol can make my dealing with prices much easier.

Thanks.

18 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
In a modern device, you can use Keys Cafe to create a keyboard with it.
A Series & Other Mobile
but now days most ppl don't bother using a Ā¢ and just type it out like .69c
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Or $0.69
A Series & Other Mobile
yup!
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Found it on G-Board. (Ā¢) go to the circle with the numbers in it to switch to the number pad, then hit the symbol button directly above the circled ABC and you will get a keyboard with all sorts of symbols including the cent sign. You may have to hit the key twice because there are two screens on that board. I did not find an equivalent on the Samsung keyboard.
SammyNerd83
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So either download keys cafe as previously stated from the good lock suite of apps in the Galaxy store or copy the Ā¢ symbol from one of us and go to settings>general management>samsung keyboard settings>text shortcuts> hit the + in the top right> cents for the shortcut> Ā¢ for the expanded phrase. Then, anytime you type cents, it will automatically put Ā¢.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Like this. G-Board.1718830689724.jpg1718830689752.jpg1718830689782.jpg
Solution
WdB54
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you all for your replies... As my phone is so old, it doesn't have some of the options that the newer models have, such as "Keyboard settings, Text Shortcuts, etc."  Thanks again!

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
But, you can download and use G-Board. Been using it since the first smartphones, so it will certainly work on your old phone.