Original topic:

Unable to view my notes on my Notepad app Galaxy A51

(Topic created: 09-04-2024 03:09 AM)
A51Carol
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Does anyone know why my A51 Galaxy phone suddenly is stuck on the introduction page of my Notepad? When I try to continue it just goes back to that page and will not let me view my notes (which there are 2 years worth, some very important to me) or make new notes. I've tried restarting my phone, deleting the cache, turning wifi off and on and nothing works. This is a factory installed app and can't be deleted without losing all the notes. Anyone have any suggestions?

12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Samsung notes? As far as I can tell Notes doesn't have an intro page. Are you using a different notes app?
0 Likes
A51Carol
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's called Notepad, not notes. It came with my phone. It's not an app you can find in the Playstore. The page that's coming up says Hello there, we're excited to have you on board and says Continue at the bottom. Usually I can bypass this page by hitting the back button and then it goes to my notes. Now ( as of today) that's not working. And if I hit the continue it just takes me right back to that same page. Grrr soo frustrating!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've never heard of that app being part of a Samsung OS. Is it somerhing that was carrier installed?
0 Likes
A51Carol
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't know, probably. It was just there on the phone when I bought it. It's called #Notepad.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Samsung does not have an app callled notepad an app as part if it's OS. In any case, do as I suggested and clean the app's cache.
Can you post a screen shot?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Go to the app settings, select storage and clear the app cache. Maybe that will help.
0 Likes
A51Carol
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
As I said in my original post, I cleared the cache already and it did not help. I checked the Playstore again though, and DID find it listed, showing already installed. It also said the Beta program was full. Could that be the problem? I'm wondering now if I uninstalled the app, if I could reinstall it with the notes saved? And what is the Beta program? I've had my phone 2 years and it came with this app. No idea what the Beta program means..
0 Likes
DLP24
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am having the same problem with Notepad app. It started yesterday. When I open the app the page that usually comes up and goes away when I hit the back arrow keeps popping back up. Then I get the message that Notepad has a bug that will need to be repaired with an update after the bug is fixed. I looked at the Notepad app and saw that it updated yesterday. I now wonder if an update caused the problem. 

0 Likes
Members_t3sNbZf
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Mine hasn't  wirked all day.  Has anyone found a solution?  I have 4 years of very important notes on it.

0 Likes