JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using your Phone Cameras as a Webcam on your PC

(Topic created: 08-05-2023 11:50 PM)
ooferton
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Having this ability to use my Galaxy phone as a webcam on Windows PC's would be great and would come in handy for video calls and other applications that can run webcams. This would save people from worrying about having to buy a laptop with a webcam or having to buy a dedicated webcam. As well the quality would be noticeably better then a dedicated webcam. Sure there are 3rd parties but half of them either don't get as much support or they just have problems working, so it would be obviously better if this feature would come to Samsung phones. 
6 Replies
Newbee
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
So you want an iPhone feature on the Samsung to put it simply? I mean sure that'd be nice honestly but also I think it'd be limited to like a Samsung laptop probably like the iPhone ecosystem.
0 Likes
ooferton
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well, Samsung has made a partnership with Microsoft so this could generally be added on all PC's running Windows. It could also be in the form of an app made by Samsung that can be downloaded on PC.
0 Likes
Newbee
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Well there's the problem of profit here, both companies want money so even if they're in a partnership it's a mutual one and I doubt Microsoft will just casually allow support on their OS, on top of that Microsoft can't even get their own OS right so who knows.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@ooferton Sounds like a really cool idea!

0 Likes
Twist3d_Drift3r
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I've been using iriun cam and it does exactly this and can use the cameras full potential.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.