JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the network lock app and why I'd it on my phone?

(Topic created: 07-20-2023 06:24 AM)
SnacksAreJustice
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Suddenly this app popped up on my phone and I thought why is this here. And tried to delete it but there are no options to. I find it to be a waste of space because there is no real reason for the app to be there. After all my phone is unlocked and you can literally just go into settings to find this. So does anyone have tips on how to uninstall it?

I have an A23 5G, if this has any significance to the situation.
4 Replies
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Where did you buy the device from? Your phone must initially be a locked phone then unlocked for that app to be there. It's a system app tied to unlocking a device that meets a carrier requirements and it just phones home to make sure.
0 Likes
SnacksAreJustice
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I got it from Metro, but it's been a year now since I had his phone, and it's unlocked, so I find it weird that it suddenly appeared. I opened the app, and it claims my phone is unlocked, so that isn't an issue, but I'm unable to delete it. Is there any way to, because from looks of it, it wasn't installed through an app store?
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Correct it can't be deleted as it's a system app. It's not installed from the app store. It can be updated but not Uninstalled.
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Exactly right.
0 Likes