JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recent Apps Button Only Showing Samsung Apps

(Topic created: 03-26-2022 07:27 AM)
usergLmEtcSzmM
Constellation
Options
Android 12

After the most recent update to my Galaxy S21, I noticed the 'recent apps button' located in the bottom left corner now only shows Samsung apps (calculator, calendar, alarm clock, file folder, etc.). It used to show the most recent apps used and would dynamically change based on my most recently used apps. This is how I've navigated my phone for years, and now it has just magically disappeared, making it extremely inconvenient to access my most recently used apps. 

Screenshot_20220322-094403_One UI Home.jpg

341 Replies
Oxford
Sun
Options
Android 12
Kindly search before you post, as this has been asked and answered at least a couple of dozen times, it is a known issue, there is no current fix or work around.
0 Likes
userQL3b8wEGlH
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Maybe if enough people ask they'll realize what a problem it is and do something about it.
Diaboyos
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12
This is the correct answer. If a few dozen people file an error report they don't care. If 20k people file an error report there's a problem.
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Android 12
Yeah and no one at all seems to have a clue if it's a bug or some strange feature samsung is trying to push
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
I think the option was removed but there used to be an option to show the most recent apps and most frequently used in home screen settings. Sad it was taken away 😔
0 Likes
TURB042O
Comet
Options
Android 12
Disclaimer: I AM NOT BEING PAID BY OR WORKING FOR ANYONE TO ADVERTISE THIS. I FEEL IT IS A EASY SOLUTION AND THE WORLD SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT.

Good Lock is an app made by Samsung which allows you to completely customize your Galaxy phone or tablet experience, letting you mess about with and change all manners of things. For instance, you can use it for everything from altering the appearance of your task launcher to replacing the icons on your navigation bar.

Install Second (or from inside the Good Lock app itself):

one of the few options to change recents menu to. this is my favorite.

take your time and explore the possible settings that will make your galaxy experience 10x better.

please ❤ and leave a comment if you have any questions.

0 Likes
userRudeBoy
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
There is no option to change recommended apps to recent.
0 Likes
TURB042O
Comet
Options
Android 12
because it's always been recommended apps. best bet, is to turn it off until they fix that part. do this by opening your recent apps, and tap the 3 dots on search bar
0 Likes
userRqaqPAsun2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

Why would Samsung take away one of the most fundamentally common and useful features on their phone - the ability to access the most recently used apps with one click, by tapping the three bars icon on the bottom navigation bar?  Please, change this back.

0 Likes