JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bad bluetooth audio lag with Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 and Galaxy Buds Pro/Live

(Topic created: 06-05-2022 07:34 AM)
userBBWil5whKL
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just got a Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 and tried connecting both Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy Buds Live and audio for both have around a 0.3 second lag. So watching any video is a bad experience.

I also tried with Sony h.ear on 2 Bluetooth headphones and the lag was less, but still very noticeable.

I also tried connecting these to an old Dell XPS 9550 and there is no audio lag, so I believe this is likely a driver issue.

I'm hoping to raise awareness so that Samsung can push out an update to fix the audio lag eventually. I'll probably just return the laptop because it's not usable right now.

11 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

If the troubleshooting provided by userCd5sNY9PiI does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

user1i80TvEYwl
Constellation
Options
Computers

The work-around (that doesn't work) from userCd5sNY9PiI  is not a solution and this "solution" doesn't help anyone. The most likely issue is that we need updated drivers for this relatively new wifi chip. Whether that's on Intel, Microsoft, Samsung, I don't know and it shouldn't be something us consumers should care about either.

"I recommend letting a service technician have a look"  -  so what's the turnaround time? Can people just work without a computer for a few weeks? What's the turnaround time? What's a technician going to find that many people here haven't described already? We're not imagining bluetooth audio lag...

Why is this thread marked as "Solved"? Nothing has been solved. The problem persists and is widespread and unacceptable.