JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Crackling sound under keyboard in galaxy book odyssey; laptop seems to be working fine

(Topic created: 03-19-2023 02:33 PM)
EpicTromboneKid
Astronaut
Options
Computers

A couple days ago, I heard a crackling sound under the top left part of the keyboard after turning it on, and it was there for ~5 minutes and then stopped. Now every time I turn it on, the same crackling sound appears. Another thing about startup, it won't turn on when I open the lid for the first time, but when I close the lid and open it for a second time, it turns on, but after the led on the side blinks once. The device seems to boot and function normally. I have a couple of questions: what is the crackling sound most likely caused by, what does the blinking led mean, and why doesn't it turn on when I open the lid for the first time?

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be concerning. The cracking could be a number of things but without actually looking at the laptop itself it would be hard to say for sure. Service would be recommended for this. 

As for the laptop not booting on the first open, it could be in sleep mode and need a few seconds to boot up.  

You will have a couple of options based on your warranty for service. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes