Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex Alpha - won't turn on

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 02:05 PM)
Galaxy Book Flex a13
Constellation
Options
Computers

Was using MS Word app, running windows 10, on my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha on battery power. Battery has been healthy and charge was not low. 

The laptop froze on my MS word screen and was unresponsive for 10-20 seconds.

It then displayed a message saying something had crashed/error and it was going to collect data before restarting. A progress tracker showed it quickly climb in %, likely reaching 100%, then the screen went black.

However it never began to reboot. The power light stayed on, steady blue, the fan continued to run, the screen stayed black.

I tried all the following without results:

• Pressing the power button
  • Holding down the power button for 15 seconds
  • Holding down the power button for 2 full minutes
  • Ctrl-Alt-Delete
  • AltF4, Enter - x3 in a row
  • Plugging in laptop, repeated above.

After getting no results I unplugged the laptop again and allowed the battery to run down. After a few hours the blue light turned off and the fan ceased running. 

I plugged the laptop back in, waited a few minutes, then tried the power button again. No result. Blue power light will not turn on. Tried holding it down for over 2 minutes, no result. It's a brick. Doesn't seem like a battery or power button issue because the initial freeze/crash problems were not related to power or battery. 

1 Reply
user6KkmyDoKF4
Constellation
Options
Computers

It seems like a severe hardware problem. I also experience it in my flex alpha 2.

My laptop stopped working when only the browser was opened, it gave me a black screen and fan still working. It's happened a lot on my device so I shooted it down with a long press on the power button, but than as I restart it, it loading the the system and as soon as it get to the windows screen the laptop turn down again.

I think samsung should give us an upgrade for those laptops as we paid for it full price of a premium laptop and we got a very low quality product. I have it for 2 and half years. it always had bugs.

0 Likes