JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 and docking stations

(Topic created: 05-27-2021 12:42 AM)
userxDgJwWQA23
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello, I have a Galaxy Book Pro 360 13.3" and I want to use it with a dock station. I already have a OWC USB-C dock,  which works amazingly with my "old" HP Spectre x360.

When trying to use it with the Samsung, it doesn't recognize the external monitor, so I am only able to charge the laptop and and use usb devices, ethernet and audio jack. I already tried with a different monitor and 2 different USB-C cables (all of them work with the HP Spectre), I also tried all 3 usb-c ports I have in my laptop. Sometimes after plugging and unplugging the USB-c cable, the Samsung recognizes the monitor and I'm able to use it, but only until I restart windows, after that it is not recognized again.

If it can help, the first time I plugged the dock, the PC was on and it didn't even start charging, so I unplugged, turned it off, and plugged again. When I turned the PC on it appeared a message saying it was installing new functionalities, probably to allow the use of a docking station. This never happened with my old HP.

Any suggestion on why there is this compatibility issue? I also have a usb-c travel hub and there is no problem with this one. Also, is there any usb-c desktop dock which is suggested for this new Galaxy Book Pro line? If there is, I will simply buy a compatible one

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
userUJSvdf43Yt
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Follow up.  I purchased a Razer Thunderbolt 4 dock to use with my Galaxy Pro 360 to take advantage of Thunderbolt 4 speeds and data transfer rates.  It works flawlessly.  In addition, the dock also works with my Dell machine with a USB-C port.  Perhaps this supports the reverse compatibility of Thunderbolt 4 and some limitations with forward compatibility with some USB-C docks.

XRP302
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Looking at the Razer TB 4 dock, how would you connect a 2nd display? I can't figure out which port.
0 Likes
userV88MjZ7YyM
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have had the same issue with the Galaxy Pro 360 15 in laptop.

I have the OWC Thunderbolt Dock (new as of September 2021) and the OWC Thunderbolt 3 mini dock trying to connect via HDMI for monitors, and connect my SteelSeries Apex Pro Keyboard and Rival 650 mouse. The keyboard and mouse just flash on and off and might connect 1 out of 20 times when connected through the dock, but the mouse connects 100% of the time with a USB-C to USB-A connector to connect the mouse.

I have attempted to update all of the drivers and ensure the Device Manager is recognizing all of the devices and docks. The monitor is only recognized as a 640x480 generic monitor, which it is a 1920x180 monitor.

I am beyond frustrated that this laptop was sold as an awesome solution and the basic functionality of a Thunderbolt based laptop does not work.

user1kXkz31uUT
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have tried all the fixes found in this thread to connect my Galaxy Pro 360 (15) to 2 monitors via a Dell universal Dock D6000.  The system does not recognise additional monitors.  I can extend to 1 monitor using a simple type C hub with HDMI port but if I attach a second monitor either via HDMI or VGA I just get a clone.  The D6000 works with the other laptops in the house but not with my Samsung - v frustrating and limiting.  Not keen to blow more cash trying to find a solution - anyone got any fresh ideas