JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy book 3 Wifi performance on battery

(Topic created: 11-02-2023 03:48 AM)
NeilW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

When my Galaxy book 3 is running on battery the wifi performance is very slow. It improves radically when I plug in. Is there a setting on Windows 11 to run Wifi at high performance while on battery

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I would not mess with those options since you do not have the power management option the next thing to try is to update your network adaptor, the east way is to go to the driver tab and click update driver, and it will automatically find the driver to update it, it may already be updated, but this is just to make sure.

If you are still having issues after that I would recommend getting a technician to look at this.  You will have a couple of options based on your warranty.

-If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Aalbert4
Galaxy
Options
Computers
Are you on Best efficiency in windows settings?
0 Likes
NeilW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

On Samsung power plan. On advanced settings there are no WiFi settings that I can find

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I found something that should help. This is a Windows setting but to help fix this please follow the steps below.

1. Click Start, click Run( or press the Windows key + R), type ncpa.cpl, and then click OK.

2. In the Network Connections dialog box, right-click the wireless network adapter, and then click Properties.

3. Click Configure under the name of the network card.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then modify the power management settings. For example, click Power Management in the Property list, drag the Value slider to the Power Management setting that you want to use, and then click OK. (This step may differ depending on the specs instead of a slider you should be able to just un-tick the box that says turn off to save power )

0 Likes
NeilW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

H thanks for your help. I don't see a power management option. I do see MIMO power Save Mode  with the following options

• Auto SMPS
  • Dynamic SMPS
  • No SMPS
  • Static SMPS

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I would not mess with those options since you do not have the power management option the next thing to try is to update your network adaptor, the east way is to go to the driver tab and click update driver, and it will automatically find the driver to update it, it may already be updated, but this is just to make sure.

If you are still having issues after that I would recommend getting a technician to look at this.  You will have a couple of options based on your warranty.

-If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.