JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy book 3 ultra HDMI ports

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 04:28 AM)
alec2
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Strange question. So I bought the i9, 4070 version of the book 3 ultra recently. I thought it was weird that it only has an HDMI 2.0 port (according to Samsung) since that seemed just kind of out of date when the hardware can easily handle a monitor above the maximum for HDMI 2.0. I have a 34inch Samsung ultra wide monitor (3440x1440 at 75Hz) and I tested it on the native HDMI port and it was able to run that display at full resolution and refresh rate. I thought HDMI 2.0 was supposed to max out at 50 or 60 Hz at that resolution. Am I misinterpreting something or did Samsung label an HDMI 2.1 port HDMI 2.0 for some reason? Which would be weird because all the reviewers complained that it wasn't HDMI 2.1 so it seems like Samsung could have had better reception if it was the modern spec. Or am I just reading the HDMI 2.0 spec wrong and my monitor being ultra wide and having a vertical resolution of 1440 instead of 2160 is why I can go up to 75 Hz?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be confusing with being able to get a higher refresh rate than 60 on HDMI 2.0. And yes this is possible as you are only going up to a resolution of 1440 and not 4k. HDMI 2.0 supports 4k at 60hz but lower resolutions can go higher. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be confusing with being able to get a higher refresh rate than 60 on HDMI 2.0. And yes this is possible as you are only going up to a resolution of 1440 and not 4k. HDMI 2.0 supports 4k at 60hz but lower resolutions can go higher. 

0 Likes