-
Screen: Samsung Odyssey G65B
-
Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060TI
-
Link: DisplayPort
-

> Actual behavior:
When using "smart tv functionnalities" such as watching netflix or browsing the monitor menu, if the monitor is rotated then the display orientation is changed accordingly thanks to the incorporated gyro (like a tablet or smartphone would).
However, when used as a display for my computer the gyro is not detected by windows and I'm forced to manualy change the screen orientation in the computer settings.

> Expected behavior:
It must be possible to get the gyro working on windows so that the display orientation change in sync with the monitor orientation. The same way it does in smart tv mode, the functionnal hardware and software are already there.

> Failed attempts:

• I tried deleting the latest monitor drivers, then uninstalling the whole and reinstalling it while restarting my computer... without success.
  • I tried force-enabling the gyro detection through the addition of a variable SensorPresent set to 1 in the registery Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation but while it enabled the "rotation lock" option of windows, the gyro still could not be detected that way.
  • My device manager only showed the screen as Generic Plug&Play Monitor, so I tried manualy installing the specific drivers directly from samsung.  While it worked in giving it a rightfull name it did not solve the problem.
  • I tried using HDMI instead but it made no differences.

---

PS: I'm open to any "software" solution, if you found any.
And I'm a bit of a programmer so feel free to share if you've got some tips on how to get started doing it myself.

1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello, @CendrePlume! Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, this monitor does not have a gyro feature. There is a Windows way to change the orientation you can do this by going to Start > Settings > System > Display. As for setting up a script/.bat file, I would recommend going to places like Stack Overflow or Reddit to get help making the code for it.