OS: Windows 10 Pro
Starting from when I took my laptop out of sleep mode this morning, the touchscreen stopped functioning completely. The laptop works fine in all other respects and can still be controlled with the touchpad or a mouse, but touching the screen does not work at all. The screen is NOT cracked or damaged in any way.
On device manager, under HID-Compliant Touch Screen, it says:
Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
But this is nonsense, since my touchscreen is connected (and is not even something I could disconnect)
Under the components of the touchscreen (Atmel MaxTouch Control & Atmel MaxTouch Digitizer), the following error code is listed:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
But upon clicking on update driver, windows, after searching for a time, says it cannot find updated drivers for my device.
I have already tried the following:
- Restarting my computer (many times)
- System Restore, both to last night and to Saturday Morning
- Disabling and Enabling the Digitizer and Control
- Checking for Updates via "Windows Update" - says my system is up to date
- Checking for Updates via "Samsung Update" - several updates were recommended and installed, none proved helpful.
- The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter - It detects that the digitizer and control do not have a driver and claims to have performed a fix - but the problem remains unresolved.
- Having windows search for a driver - As noted above, windows says it cannot find updated drivers for my device.
Any help with this is appreciated.
I understand that having a touch screen fail can be frustrating. After the troubleshooting you have performed has not resolved this issue for you, the next step will be to have the laptop diagnosed by a technician, as you could have a bad cable, or even a digitizer failure. If you will send the serial number to this PM Link, I will be happy to look in to repair options for you.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.