Original topic:

adding an extra ssd in the Samsung Galaxy book 2 (not the pro or 360

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 08:12 AM)
piet37
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (not the Pro or the 360).

It's a very fine device and I'm happy with it, but one of the reasons that I bought it, is the opportunity of adding a 2nd internal ssd. I have removed the bottom of the laptop, but I can't see any possibility to add the 2nd ssd. Does anybody know how to add the ssd and where? On Youtube I can't find anything, only for other Samsubg devices, but not for the Book 2.

Thanks in advance fot your help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
piet37
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

yes, I managed to do so.

On the back/bottom there are 4 screws under the rubber 'feet'. Unscrew them and then pry the bottem open carefully. Once you have a beginning, it's quit easy.

After opening you see a metal cover, attached with 4 screws, 2 at the top (or bottom, depends on how the laptop is lying) and 2 at the side of the cover. Remove them and you'll see the 1st ssd and next to this the connector for the 2nd ssd. I installed the samsung 980 pro without heatsink (with the heatsink will not fit). Replace the metal cover and close the laptop. As simple as that.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

Has it been advertised or stated anywhere that a second SSD can be added? If you opened it up and don't see an M.2 port, it probably doesn't have it. They don't usually hide them, if there is expendability, it should be easily accessible.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

piet37
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hello,

I found it. Next to the battery is a metal cover, attached with 4 screws. When removed it, you find the installed ssd and next te it the 2nd m.2 port.

Thanks.

Macacan
Constellation
Options
Computers

Have you found it now?   how easy was it to remove the back?

Did you manage to add a second SSD?

Cheers

0 Likes
Solution
piet37
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

yes, I managed to do so.

On the back/bottom there are 4 screws under the rubber 'feet'. Unscrew them and then pry the bottem open carefully. Once you have a beginning, it's quit easy.

After opening you see a metal cover, attached with 4 screws, 2 at the top (or bottom, depends on how the laptop is lying) and 2 at the side of the cover. Remove them and you'll see the 1st ssd and next to this the connector for the 2nd ssd. I installed the samsung 980 pro without heatsink (with the heatsink will not fit). Replace the metal cover and close the laptop. As simple as that.

userZIiKGdykNs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Will doing this void your warranty?

0 Likes
piet37
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I don't know. I just did it. One of the screws of the bottom has that blue paint, so they kan see if it is opened. The warranty is different in other countries, I think. I'm in the Nettherlands.

0 Likes