Original topic:

Check It Out: Our favorite photography equipment for Galaxy phones

(Topic created: 02-20-2019 11:54 PM)
SamsungAlix
Comet
Options
Creator
Mobile accessories makers have stepped up their game over the years ā€” especially when it comes to camera equipment. It's cool to know that, with the right tools, you can use your Samsung in place of a DSLR.  

Three types of tools I rely on:
- Lighting: Natural light is hard to control. Keep your lighting consistent with this Smart Photography LED Light Kit. Learn more.

- Gimbal: Sometimes your hand isn't the steadiest. Make up for it with a gimbal. The tool stablizes your phone, so you're less likely to have blurry or shaky footage. Here are a bunch of great options at different price points. Learn more.

- Tripod: Bring on the time-lapses. Check out these super light and flexible tripods for shoots on the go. Learn more.

Tell us what camera equipment you use with your Galaxy. 
4 Replies
userfgRTZJuYf8
Constellation
Options
Creator

The video and photo from Galaxy s9 plus is superb.

But when you take photos from raw mode then the true potential of the device shines.

Its a really great device if you use Filmic Pro app with the device you could get some really nice videos and can do some nice color grade and stuff.

The only problem i am facing is the no use of telephoto lens as you can't use it without the stock camera app also nor raw photos from telephoto lens . No telephoto use in Filmic Pro nither in any other app.No raw images from front camera.

A real bummer.

SamsungAlix
Comet
Options
Creator

Thanks for the tip, @userfgRTZJuYf8! Do you usually shoot in hand or with equipment? 

0 Likes
userfgRTZJuYf8
Constellation
Options
Creator

I have dji osmo mobile and that's for videos 

For photos , I purchased moment case and lenses.

So yeah I have invested some bucks for content creation.

The main question is "will there be any help from Samsung side for the camera raw ?".

Let me be more straight , I am convincing myself that this device is perfect for me in every way.

But deep down I know Samsung will not do as we all want (perfect core functionality ).

I am with Samsung from the galaxy ace days.

I purchased galaxy ace,S2,S4,S6,S9+ just because I want to see the bright future by Samsung.

But , boy oh boy they are messing it up real bad for content creators.

I know they are creating better API for camera.

But still....

0 Likes
Novamanmusic
Asteroid
Options
Creator

I currently use the Note 10+5G. I want to use pro equipment but I'm only seeing accessories made for iPhones and not Samsung products in the market. I've seen these companies blame Samsung for not giving them access to cameras necessities for them to build pro accessories for the Samsung phones. I am interested in anamorphic lenses and DSLR lens attachments plus phone cases and video rigs. Can anyone explain what's going on with all of this and provide recommendations if you have any.