JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Damaged trade in device

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 12:30 PM)
userXpmA9oyHXX
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I sent in a Galactic Galaxy Z Flip 5 for trade in. There was no damage to the screen and phone worked as it should. I transferred everything from my old Z flip to the new flip 6 myself.

Now i get the response from samsung stating my trade in device has screen damage and the phone doesn't turn on or work as it should. They even provided photos of the damage. The phone i sent in had no damage. How do I know that is even my phone? 

Has anyone else have this happen to them? And what did you do about it? Thanks 
13 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Its always recommended to take a video of you placing turning on and off your device at Fedex so you have proof that nothing was wrong with it.  Without that evidence they are hardly nothing that can be done.

You can try and request the IMEI or Serial Number from the device in the picture to verify its yours 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Is your Flip 5 still listed in your product page?
If it is make note of the IMIE number. Ask for the IMEI number of the device traded in to see if they match.

Did you take any pictures of the trade in process?
Photos of the condition of the device?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
HylaMobile is an awful company. They are the contractor for all trade in devices.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration of having a device sent for trade-in rejected.

The community operates on a peer-to-peer support model. While our members offer valuable insights and assistance, certain inquiries are best supported by a Samsung directly.

For these types of questions and concerns, you will need to reach out to the E-Commerce team directly by calling 1-855-726-8721.

You can also find answers to some frequently asked questions, here: https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/frequently-asked-questions/

0 Likes