JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Expanding storage Galaxy z fold 6

(Topic created: Saturday)
Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Im am planning of getting samsung galaxy z fold 6 (256 gb)

If connecting usb-c to micro sd adapter with 256 gb micro sd card in it ......

Is samsung galaxy z fold 6 gonna recognise new 256 gb micro sd card?

Is it gonna recognise 512 gb micro sd card as well?

Is it gonna recognise 1 tb micro sd card ?

Greetings

D

micro-sd-usb_1200x.jpg

ā€ƒ

7 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes your phone will recognize you've inserted a removable storage device 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Will galaxy z fold6 allow me to store data on removable storage device ?

0 Likes
Mitka
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I do not know.
Solution
z5lar
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6, like many modern smartphones, typically does not include a microSD card slot for expandable storage. However, you can use a USB-C to microSD card adapter to connect external storage. Hereā€™s what you need to know about compatibility:

### Compatibility with External Storage via USB-C

1. **256 GB microSD Card**:
- The Galaxy Z Fold 6 should recognize a 256 GB microSD card when connected through a USB-C to microSD adapter. Modern smartphones usually support external storage of this capacity without issues.

2. **512 GB microSD Card**:
- Similarly, the Galaxy Z Fold 6 should recognize a 512 GB microSD card via the USB-C adapter. This capacity is also within the supported range for most current smartphones.

3. **1 TB microSD Card**:
- While 1 TB microSD cards are larger, the Galaxy Z Fold 6 should still be able to recognize and utilize this capacity through a USB-C adapter. Smartphones are generally designed to handle large external storage capacities.

### Key Considerations

- **File System**: Ensure the microSD card is formatted in a file system that the Galaxy Z Fold 6 supports, such as exFAT or FAT32.
- **Adapter Quality**: Use a high-quality USB-C to microSD adapter to avoid connectivity issues.
- **Power Consumption**: High-capacity microSD cards may consume more power, so ensure your phone has sufficient battery life when using the adapter.
- **Performance**: The speed of data transfer might be slower compared to internal storage, especially with larger files or when using high-capacity cards.

In summary, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 should be able to recognize and use 256 GB, 512 GB, and 1 TB microSD cards when connected through a USB-C to microSD adapter.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Dejan1985 Yes this will work. Putting an SD card in a USB C SD card reader is not limited by the phone. You can even connect USB C hard drives of much larger capacity. 

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why are you buying a 256GB Z Fold6 while you can currently get the 512GB version for the price of the 256GB version?
Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Tanks for reply People.

I Just wanted to know if 256,512,1Tb micro sd card  are supported by galaxy fold 6.

Because there is no micro sd card slot to expand storage. ( which is very stupid)

All other samsung smartphones have one.

That was all. 

Who knows maybe ill Just get 2 samsung galaxy ultras and then tape them together make mine own kind of foldable smartphone.

0 Likes