JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Expanding storage Galaxy z fold 6

(Topic created: Saturday)
Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Im am planning of getting samsung galaxy z fold 6 (256 gb)

If connecting usb-c to micro sd adapter with 256 gb micro sd card in it ......

Is samsung galaxy z fold 6 gonna recognise new 256 gb micro sd card?

Is it gonna recognise 512 gb micro sd card as well?

Is it gonna recognise 1 tb micro sd card ?

Greetings

D

micro-sd-usb_1200x.jpg

 

7 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes your phone will recognize you've inserted a removable storage device 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Will galaxy z fold6 allow me to store data on removable storage device ?

0 Likes
Mitka
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I do not know.
Solution
z5lar
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6, like many modern smartphones, typically does not include a microSD card slot for expandable storage. However, you can use a USB-C to microSD card adapter to connect external storage. Here’s what you need to know about compatibility:

### Compatibility with External Storage via USB-C

1. **256 GB microSD Card**:
- The Galaxy Z Fold 6 should recognize a 256 GB microSD card when connected through a USB-C to microSD adapter. Modern smartphones usually support external storage of this capacity without issues.

2. **512 GB microSD Card**:
- Similarly, the Galaxy Z Fold 6 should recognize a 512 GB microSD card via the USB-C adapter. This capacity is also within the supported range for most current smartphones.

3. **1 TB microSD Card**:
- While 1 TB microSD cards are larger, the Galaxy Z Fold 6 should still be able to recognize and utilize this capacity through a USB-C adapter. Smartphones are generally designed to handle large external storage capacities.

### Key Considerations

- **File System**: Ensure the microSD card is formatted in a file system that the Galaxy Z Fold 6 supports, such as exFAT or FAT32.
- **Adapter Quality**: Use a high-quality USB-C to microSD adapter to avoid connectivity issues.
- **Power Consumption**: High-capacity microSD cards may consume more power, so ensure your phone has sufficient battery life when using the adapter.
- **Performance**: The speed of data transfer might be slower compared to internal storage, especially with larger files or when using high-capacity cards.

In summary, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 should be able to recognize and use 256 GB, 512 GB, and 1 TB microSD cards when connected through a USB-C to microSD adapter.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Dejan1985 Yes this will work. Putting an SD card in a USB C SD card reader is not limited by the phone. You can even connect USB C hard drives of much larger capacity. 

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Why are you buying a 256GB Z Fold6 while you can currently get the 512GB version for the price of the 256GB version?
Dejan1985
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Tanks for reply People.

I Just wanted to know if 256,512,1Tb micro sd card  are supported by galaxy fold 6.

Because there is no micro sd card slot to expand storage. ( which is very stupid)

All other samsung smartphones have one.

That was all. 

Who knows maybe ill Just get 2 samsung galaxy ultras and then tape them together make mine own kind of foldable smartphone.

0 Likes