Original topic:

Flip 4 apps only work through my home wifi, no calls, texts, WhatsApp, internet when away from home

(Topic created: Monday)
misty moments
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My Flip 4 only works through my home wifi.  When out and about I can make no calls, receive no messages, cannot use WhatsApp or similar.  Having researched this I can find no solution to this problem.

3 Replies
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Did you contact your carrier to see if theres any blocking going on? That's sounds scary i would contact them ASAP
0 Likes
misty moments
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi, yes several times, did suspect blocking as I am on an old contract with unlimited data roaming, which is great for me but not so good for them but they can't cancel the contract.  They assure me there are no limitations on the account.  I spent 2 hours in the 3 store on Saturday and they could not solve it.  New sim card but no changes, phone only works when on my wifi at home.  Am concluding something is going on with the phone having swapped my work phone sim into the phone and it did the same with that so have discounted problems with the carrier.  Any advice would be really appreciated.  Just to give you all a bit of a laugh, when I was discussing the problems with 3 they suggested I only use the phone at home which in their view would solve the problem!!!!!!!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If the phone is under warranty, contact Samsung for service or replacement.  If it's not, see if it can be repaired, and if not, you will have to replace the phone.  It sounds like an antenna issue.  Can you connect to wi-fi out of the house? If you can connect to wi fi in one place, you should be able to connect any place.

0 Likes